The Gregory Lyon KK. Privacy Notice
Gregory Lyon KK (hereinafter called “Gregory Lyon, Inc”) shall properly use the precious information of you, our customers (hereinafter called “Personal Information”) in order to realize Gregory Lyon Inc.’s vision, “to provide superior products & services to organizations in Japan with a focus on Multinational Corporations & leading Japanese firms” & to supply these same products & services to customers on a retail basis.
I. Handling of the Personal Information of our Customers
1. Purposes of Obtaining Personal Information
The purposes that Gregory Lyon, Inc. shall collect Personal Information are as follows, or in a word, for providing you, our customers, with comfortable, efficient services of Gregory Lyon, Inc. for your own use.
- In case of confirming your identity in your purchasing/reserving/returning/exchanging a product.
- In case of notifying the delivery of a product, and billing/distributing/installing products/conducting after-sale services.
- In case of preparing a warranty card about a product.
- In case of replying to your requests/questions to the Customer Services Center or the Contact Center of our manufacturers.
- In case of carrying out a survey, and supplying a guidance on products by way of catalogue/materials.
- In case of notifying you of a sale/contest/prize/various events, or your participating in them.
- In case of confirming your identity in your applying for interior advice.
- In case of supplying any appurtenant services of Gregory Lyon, Inc. in relation to the abovementioned.
- In case of preparing statistical materials concerning the purchase of products, etc.
2. Means of Obtaining Personal Information
Major means of obtaining Personal Information by Gregory Lyon, Inc. are as follows:
- In case of receiving Personal Information orally or in writing in the purchase/return/exchange/distribution/after-sale services of products.
- In case of your inputting Personal Information to the web site of Gregory Lyon, Inc. by way of internet.
- In case of receiving Personal Information as necessary when you inquire by telephone.
3. Use/Control of Personal Information
- regory Lyon, Inc. shall collect the Personal Information of our customers, and use it in accordance with the related laws and ordinances within the required scope in line with the above purposes, in order to supply maximum services to our customers.
- Gregory Lyon, Inc. shall assign a manager in charge of Personal Information of our customers, and properly control it internally in accordance with the related laws and ordinances. Also, Gregory Lyon, Inc. has addressed appropriate security control measures against any foreseeable hazards concerning the protection of Personal Information.
- In consigning the distribution of the products and the other tasks, we shall verify the comprehensive security of the consignees by confirming that the necessary measures have been taken for supervising the employees concerning information control at the consignees.
4. Supply to Third Parties
Gregory Lyon, Inc. shall not supply Personal Information of our customers to any third parties, except for the following cases:
- In case of having obtained an agreement of our customers.
- In case required on the basis of the laws and ordinances.
- In case necessitated for the protection of the life/body of a person or the assets, and if it is difficult to obtain an agreement of our customer.
- In case necessitated to cooperate in the performance of the tasks stipulated by the laws and ordinances by the public organization or any person consigned by such an organization, and if there is a fear that obtaining an agreement of our customer in question could hinder the performance of the said task.
- In case of consigning the task to a third party, with which a confidentiality agreement has been concluded.
5. Personal Information of the Customers Less Than 16 Years
For the Personal Information of our customers less than 16 years old, an agreement by its guardian shall be obtained without fail.
II. Handling of Personal Information at Web Site
Cookies at Web Site
Cookies shall mean small files for storing the information supplied by our customers. Under normal circumstances, Personal Information and the information on the computer systems of our customers shall not be stolen through cookies.
Also, you, our customers may restrict the use of the cookies by yourselves. However, in such a case, you shall agree that part of services my not be available to you.